Course Duration: 3 Days, 24 hours
Price: Open Enroll (Self Pay): $1,580 + $60 background fee
Transportation Container Loading and Unloading Emergency Response (TCLUER)Register Open Enroll (Self Pay) | Calendar Survey Send Us Your Info
This 24 hour course focuses on specific fundamentals and skills associated with an emergency response to a Tank Car Loading and Unloading Operation utilizing a commercial loading rack. The orientation will be to manage releases and fires from surface transportation containers which are carrying DOT Hazard Class 3 products.
This Operations Level Program will review specific information on safe operations around commercial loading/unloading operations, chemical and physical properties of hazardous materials transferred, detection and monitoring equipment specific to these commodities, safety features and construction of both rail and highway containers. The program will offer mitigation methods including tactical considerations, fire suppression procedures and participation in practical evolutions.
During this three day program there will be extensive hands on practical evolutions in dealing with liquid and gaseous releases involving our commercial loading rack assemblies and highway cargo tanks at our fixed site in a scenario format.
Prerequisites for this course:
- Firefighter I, or equivalent level of training
- Hazardous Materials Operations
Participants are Required to Bring the Following Equipment Required for Day 2 and 3
- Leather work gloves
- Standard protective footwear — ASTM F2413-11
- Approved structural firefighter protective ensemble
- Optional — Padlock for personal belongings in locker
- If you have a spectacle kit for a SCBA, please bring it with you. If you wear prescription glasses, bring safety glasses with attached side shields.
SERTC Provides the Following:
- Hard hat, safety glasses, Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) that meets Respiratory Protection Standard (OSHA29CFR1910.134).